Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Women and Protein

Mary showing her OHS form


I have never had a woman start training with me who eats enough protein. It seems like women are scared to eat meat. If you are female eating more protein might be the thing that triggers your weight loss. When it comes to your protein sources I typically do not let you count dairy, nuts, or beans. Every woman I have ever trained tries to get all of their protein from yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, and cheese. EAT MEAT AND EGGS and eat them at every meal. The first question I always get is Should I eat one egg? EAT THREE EGGS and yes eat the whole egg. Protein is the nutrient that keeps you fullest and it also has the highest thermic effect of any food. Thermic effect means that it takes more energy to digest, which means increased metabolism. So if you are female replace some of those carbs with more protein and you will be surprised at what happens. You will get leaner.





Workout of the Day


10 min db snatch


+


A little something extra

No comments: