Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What to Eat

Yesterday, I talked about how many of the top strength coaches in the world actually forbid their clients from doing cardio. Today, I would like to talk about what these coaches recommend you eat. Charles Poliquin is famous for his first rule of nutrition " If it doesn't run, fly, swim, and it's not a green vegetable then you don't eat it." Sorry, bagels and granola bars are not on the list. Coach Poliquin's approach fits right in with Crossfits nutritional motto to "eat vegetables, meat, nuts, seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar." If you stick with this approach you will experience changes in your body composition, the way you feel, and your overall health.

April 16th Workout of the Day - Wear your Hokie colors today
In honor of those who lost their lives at VT
4 exercises, 16 sets, 32 seconds each set
32 second sprint
rest 32 seconds
32 second db swing
rest 32 sec
32 sec row
rest 32
32 sec box jumps
Rest for 1 min and repeat for 4 rounds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see my post from this morning so I'll try again.

I really appreciate all the information you share with us. I'm learning a lot and am very positive about all the benefits of becoming healthy and fit...for life!

C just sent today's blog page to her son!

T