Thursday, April 24, 2008

Are You Getting Enough Sleep

Chris and Carol getting in some rowing


Sleep is an important factor in transforming your body. While you sleep your body recharges and many hormones are released that help to repair your body. One of those hormones is growth hormone. Growth hormone is a very efficient fat burner and it is released while you are in deep sleep. If you do not sleep well then you are limiting your growth hormone and your fat burning. So make sure to get to bed a little earlier tonight.


Workout of the Day

3 x 5 back squat

3 x 5 deadlift

3 x 10 walking lunges

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Am I getting enough sleep? ...NO way! I have good intentions but it doesn't always happen. I guess I need to make it a priority. I can definitely feel it in my day when I don't get enough (Ex. THIS morning!) I hope those 3 hard boiled eggs kick in soon (you heard me right, Dan. I was GOOD this morning and had THREE hard boiled eggs for breakfast.)

Oh and by the way Bill, you only got me by 11 seconds yesterday...I should have jumped faster. :-) Then there were those pull-ups...we won't even go there. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Dan Foley said...

Brooke, you are probably leaner already from those eggs. Nice job yesterday. Bill better watch out because you may catch him next time.

Anonymous said...

First of all, like I said tonight my time was crap because I wasted like 4 minutes trying to do the double unders...but either way you cut it I am just making excuses. Kudos on that time because I thought I was moving.

Tomorrow you better be ready to go because we are going to own those bear complexes!!!!!