Monday, April 14, 2008

What Food Do You Buy?

I have gotten into the habit of looking into other peoples carts when I am in the grocery store. I like to look and see what people are buying these days. Often times, people are buying things that they think are healthy but are really just processed junk. This weekend I was in Wal-mart doing some shopping and I actually decided to go into one of the aisles ( I know a big shock to all of those who have trained with me). I went into the baking aisle to pick up some raw almonds because the canned almonds contain added oils. While I was in the aisle there was a lady on one of those little power scooter shopping carts who was taking up most of the aisle and blocking everybody. The lady was probably in her 50's and overweight. As you can guess I took a look in her cart. What do do you think I saw in there? Let's just say that there wasn't anything that you could hunt or pick in her cart. Her cart was full of processed food, ice cream, cookies, crackers, white bread, soda, candy, and other baked goods. Here is a lady who is probably in her fifties who has to ride a scooter while she grocery shops, while we have plenty of women in their 50's and 60's who are doing pullups, sprints, deadlifts, and squats. If you use proper exercise and eat the right foods you can actually slow down the ageing process. However, a lack of proper exercise and eating the wrong foods can actually speed up the ageing process. Which path are you on?

Workout of the Day
Back squat work up to 1 rep max
Deadlift work up to 1 rep max
Shoulder press work up to 1 rep max

No comments: