Friday, April 18, 2008

Group Training

Yesterday, I talked about the importance of having a vision of what you want to accomplish and then taking action towards your goals every day. Another key that Napolean Hill touches on in Think and Grow Rich is the idea of the Mastermind. The Mastermind, is a group of like minded individuals that come together to help each other reach their goals. This is the reason why group training can be so effective. When you surround yourself with people who are all taking action towards their goals it can become contagious. When one person in a group is successful it spreads to others and soon the whole group is successful. So one of the keys to success is to surround yourself with people who want the same thing and to continually push and encourage each other. This is the type of atmosphere that we are trying to build in our group classes. Just remember that every time you hit a new best in our gym you are going to spur someone else on to reach a new best.

"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." Andrew Carnegie

Workout of the Day
Run 400m + 15 overhead squats + 15 good mornings
Max rounds in 20 min

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Where were YOU this morning, Bill. :-) I'm sure you'll be visiting Dan a little later today. I had to skip out on class yesterday so my husband and I could clean the house from top to bottom...my in laws and 8 (yes 8) of the hub's friends will be here this weekend. But I did some intervals on my own to at least get my heart pumping a little bit. Today is tough but good...I did 4 sets (and 5 laps)...how many did you get?

Anonymous said...

Ok ok, you are off the hook, but we were tearing it up yesterday. I am heading out at 1 to pay my dues for eating like shit this week. Have a great weekend.