Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Principles

Yesterday I spent my first day with Alwyn and Rachel Cosgrove. It was a very educational day. One of the main points that Alwyn tried to hammer home with us is that he preferes to teach principles. He teaches his clients the basic principles of working out and proper nutrition and then lets them take it from there. If you can understand the basic principles of what you are doing it makes everything easier. An example of this that he gave is that he would prefer to give his clients basic nutrition principles and let them pick which foods fall within the principles, rather than telling them which foods to eat.

Workout of the Day
Row 250 meters and then perform 5 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 burpees, 15 db swings

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I WILL get a 10 on my nutrition today...I WILL!!!! I have to! I can't handle any more burpees...

Anonymous said...

Brooke, don't feel bad I owe 1 Billion burpees.

Brooke said...

Thanks for the support, bill. It's bad. But the worst part is the sad face that everyone gives you when they're leaving and you're still stuck doing burpees. It really IS pretty sad...or painful! Anyways, I actually did get a 10 yesterday. But it was only Wed so I won't get too excited yet. Please God, no more burpees.