Thursday, August 7, 2008

Olympic Sponsors

I think it is funny that McDonalds is a sponsor for the Olympics. Yesterday, I saw a commercial with Olympic athletes claiming how much they love McDonalds fried chicken biscuits. I highly doubt that these athletes are eating fried chicken biscuits as the games approach. We live in a society in which we are bombarded with advertisements for all kinds of horrible foods. It is no wonder it is so hard for most people to avoid junk food. Kids grow up these days on fast food and processed junk and we wonder why they develop ADD, Diabetes, and become obese.

Yesterday's Top Performers
Bill 54 with 135lbs
Carol 53 with 55lbs

Workout of the Day
30 seconds work/30 seconds rest
box jump, db swings, pushup/mtn climber combo, ring rows
5 rounds

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill - step away from the celery!!
Congratulations on another top finish - great work. I only got 44 @ 95# this AM on this one

You forgot to add father of 2, full time job, & driving 800+ miles a week to old, slow and weak in yesterdays comments. Must be nice to be 22 or so, sleeping late and working out....as for whining, was Dan going to name lunges after you for your great love and enthusiasm for them?
Neil

Unknown said...

Dan, for as much money as they are paying those people for those commercials I would say that the rotten ass of a dead horse tastes wonderful and gave me the nutritional boost to be in the Olympics! Oh, and I have reached my initial goal for fundraising and will be upping the ante to $500.

Neil, I think this should be settled on September 27th with a Fight Gone Bad. I even propose that we do the same percentage of our bodyweight for the Push Press and SDHP's that way we will be on a truly level playing field. And, you are completely correct about the walking lunges...they own me and I bitch like a little boy with a skinned knee when they come up. As for the sleep, we soldiers have a motto: eat when you can, sleep when you can, and I am living it up right now LOL!!!!

Ok, back to school work.

xoxo
Bill
"bloody, but unbowed"

Neil said...

Fight Gone Bad it is - Don't lose any sleep over the prospect of losing to a slow old man....it's good too be the underdog!!