Thursday, June 5, 2008

Make Up Your Mind

No Class tonight at 6pm
No classes on Friday
I will post the workout for tomorrow. You will be able to do the workout anywhere. Please post your results on the blog


Last night I was watching So You Think You Can Dance. I like to watch how strong and athletic a lot of the dancers are. There was a girl last night that tried out for the show who had been cut the year before. After she was cut she decided to get into shape. The next day when she got home from the auditions she began to start her weight loss program. In the last year she has lost 50 pounds. When she was asked about her weight loss I really liked what she had to say.
She said that she was not happy with who she was and was ready to change her life. She made a decision to get healthier and started the next day. There are two common problems that I run into as a trainer. The first problem is that many people are not in a place mentally where they are ready to change their habits and sacrifice for a long term goal and the second problem ( which is probably the most prevalent) is procrastination. I get people all the time that tell me about how they are going to start working out or eat better next week or next month and I know it is never going to happen. The girl on the show took action. I saw a good quote the other day that stated "Success likes speed." In other words take action towards your goals right away. Do not wait for tomorrow to eat better or to start working out. This girl knew that she wanted to change and made it happen the very next day. Change starts in your mind but all of the intentions in the world will never accomplish anything if you don't take action.


Workout of the Day
1 min wallball, db swing, box jump, pushpress, pullups
Transition from one exercise to the next without resting
3 rounds rest 1 min between rounds

1 comment:

Chaogimali said...

Dan,
I am a crossfitter from crossfitfairfax who has a friend attending VA Tech interested in training. Do you have an address or a contact phone number I can give her for your gym? Appreciate it much.

Mario
chaogimali@gmail.com