Thursday, June 26, 2008

Carbs and Cancer

I saw a study this week that shows that rates of esohpogeal cancer are correlated to an increase in carbohydrate intake. The study stated that Americans now consume on average over 100 more grams of carbs per day than they used to. I have been talking about this for a while now. Excess carb intake leads to the deadly quartet of upper body obesity, atherosclerosis, diabetes, and high blood pressure. As seen in this study high levels of insulin also lead to cancer. A couple of years ago one I did a ton of research into cancer and the main thing I learned was that sugar feeds cancer. It is very hard for cancer to grow without sugar. So make sure that you are getting the majority of your carbs from vegetables, 6 servings per day.

Workout of the Day
30 sec on/ 1 min off
wallball
pullups
burpee
db swing
jumprope
4 rounds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan-

I think the food journals help us see what we are consuming to much of and not enough of. I've noticed I consume more carbs than vegetables, and protein sometimes. Thanks for getting us to start a food journal.. Since I started logging everything it’s helping me identify what I need to change in my diet.