Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gatorade

Chris deadlifting
It is amazing to see how many people drink gatorade, powerade, or some other sports drink. Most people do not really understand what these drinks are. They are basically just sugar. These drinks are made for high level athletes to replenish glycogen stores that have been completely depleted. If you are not a high level athlete then you probably have no business drinking gatorade and if you are trying to get leaner then you definitely should not be drinking gatorade. I see so many kids that drink gatorade as their main drink instead of water. If you go to high schools and middle schools you will see kids having gatorade with lunch. I really feel that these drinks are a big cause of the obesity problem that we see with kids. The other issue that I have with these drinks is that they contain high fructose corn syrup which is probably one of the most dangerous ingredients in all of our food supply. It is just as bad if not worse than trans fat in my opinion. High fructose corn syrup is a deadly combination of sugars that accelerate the aging process and cause metabolic derangements. So what should you be drinking? Water, and I I mean plain water not all of these flavored things that you see today. If somebody tells me that they can't drink regular water because they don't like the taste then I know that they are addicted to processed foods.
Workout of the Day
1 min wallball, db swing, squat jumps, deadlift, pullups
Move from one exercise to the next without resting
Perform 3 rounds with 1 min between rounds

No comments: