Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Clear Your Limiting Beliefs

If you think you can't do something then you are right. There is a trick that I use when I train many women. I don't tell them how much weight they are lifting or I will tell them that they are lifting less weight than they are actually lifting. Why? I don't tell them because many times if the weight is heavy they will start to doubt that they can lift the weight even though I know that they can lift it with no problem. If they doubt that they can lift the weight then they will never lift it. We all have limiting beliefs and these beliefs shape how we go about our daily lives. Another example that I like to use is the new client who comes in and tells me that they always get stuck in their weight loss or muscle gain at a certain point and can't make anymore progress. The reason that this client gets stuck is because he/she thinks that they always get stuck. Clear your limiting beliefs and challenge yourself to break through to new levels. Who says that you cannot get the physique that you desire. You just have to believe that you can.

No comments: