Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting the fat off of certain areas

The other day I was driving into my neighborhood and as I came over the top of the hill that crosses into my neighborhood there was a woman who was running up the hill sideways. I have seen this woman running through the neighborhood several times over the last couple of months but she still looks the same. I know what she was doing running up the hill sideways. She was trying to work the muscles in her hips in order to get the fat off of that area. Many times clients ask me what the best exercises are to lose weight in certain areas and my answer is always the same. NUTRITION. If you want to get the fat off your belly tighten up your nutrition. If you want to tighten up the back of your arms or your legs the answer is nutrition. There are exercises that work certain areas better than others but these exercises are not going to burn the fat in these areas they are just going to build the muscles. Targeting where you lose fat is all about controlling hormones and the mother of all hormones is insulin. Insulin regulates all other hormones in the body and it is the hormone that you can control the easiest with proper nutrition. If you want to control insulin you need to eat adequate amounts of protein and vegetables and limit your fruit, starches, sugars, and other refined carbs.

No comments: